As a Birthworker, CAPPA trained Doula, Pelvic and Abdominal Therapist, and Prenatal Movement Teacher, I am passionate about preparing women to have empowering fertility and birth journeys.
There is so much to say about mindful pregnancy preparation. If you imagine that the womb is like a garden, before planting veggie seeds, you must first make sure there is plenty of nutrients in the soil and resources for growing life, like water and sunshine.
Tending to the health of the uterus, ovaries, and reproductive system is paramount for women in modernity, with all the hormone disruptors in the environment and food, with our poor posture and sitting habits, and with our often dysfunctional relationships with our bodies and how we feed them.
I can help you set the stage.
By doing yoni steaming and encouraging a full uterine cleanse, we can release stagnation and old material that could inhibit embryo implantation.
By doing preconception/fertility massage before pregnancy, we can align your reproductive organs in their proper position, increase circulation to help your hormones, and prepare your pelvic diaphragm to carry and birth a baby.
By learning to chart your fertility signals, we can maximize your chance of conception based on each cycle.
I always recommend 3-4 sessions as followed in my “Women’s Living Pelvis Reset Protocol”.
I want conception to be a smooth journey for you, but more than that, I want you to arrive at a place where you love living in your body, know how it works, how to sync with your cycles, and feel empowered as a woman.
You should work with me if you:
- Have regular cycles and healthy periods
- Have irregular cycles, hormone imbalances, PCOS, or endometriosis
- Are getting off birth control
- Have scar tissue from previous surgery or birth
- Are just thinking about preparing your body for conception down the road
- Are “trying but not trying”
- Have been trying for a while and are surprised pregnancy hasn’t happened yet
- Have a partner with low sperm count or slow movers
- Are considering fertility treatments
- Are actively doing IUI or IVF
Ideally, I would love to work with you for 3 months before you begin trying to conceive. Or at least, if you have already been trying, for us to shift our focus on your healing journey for this time. It takes 3 months for both the sperm and egg to mature, and this gives us a pretty good window to make lifestyle changes that will support your fertility. Of course I am happy to meet you where you are right now if this doesn’t resonate.
External Fertility Bodywork
WHEN YOU GO TO MY BOOKING PAGE, CHOOSE A “LIVING PELVIS DISCOVERY CONSULT”
I’ve come up with the perfect combo to support your fertility and help you carry a healthy full-term pregnancy. This includes:
- Personalized menstrual cycle analysis and yoni steaming protocol to:
- Directly stimulate and balance your nervous system and the reflexes of your endocrine glands and your reproductive and elimination organs
- Catalyzes a uterine cleanse, to eliminate old material and freshen the uterine lining
- Abdominal massage and fascia work to:
- Increases blood and lymph circulation to the reproductive organs
- Encourage proper positioning of the uterus (a tilted uterus is not normal, just common), and ovaries (where your hormones are produced.)
- Reduce scar tissue
- Diet, Exercise & Cycle Syncing :
- Discover how your body cycles on the 28 day infradian rhythm, and how that changes your daily routines, how you eat, how you exercise, and how you rest – all to support optimal fertility
- We are not the same every day (like men). Our hormones shift, our body oscillates around the lunar tides, and we are simply put, not small men. Cracking the code of the infradian rhythm is a game changer.
Internal Fertility Bodywork
This work is powerful and requires trust. I don’t do this work with women unless we have worked together externally for a period of time first. I’ll also never push it on you, or make you feel like it’s the only way. We’re women supporting each other; that’s not what we do. Internal work can easily be combined into an external session.
Internal work is a gentle, intervaginal mapping/myofascial/trigger point massage. Why should you do it?
- You may have grown up being disconnected/ grossed out/ living with a lot of unknowns about having a vagina. Now you’re about to use it to get pregnant, and then you’re going to ask it to do the biggest job your body has ever had to do: deliver a child. You should probably say hello.
- You may have tension and psychosomatic trauma stored up deep in your cervix, fascia, or elsewhere – potentially from sexual trespass experiences. It’s a good idea to do some somatic release and balancing to give that energy a way out of the body – and to create a new neurological imprint of safety and ‘known’.
- During pregnancy your pelvic diaphragm bears the weight of all your organs, and a growing baby and uterus. Most women make the mistake of trying to over-strengthen it when instead it needs to be balanced. This will help your pelvic diaphragm muscles work together properly while pushing in labor.
- It reduces scar tissue from previous pregnancies. This could be internal tears in your vagina, tears on your labia or perineum, or scarring from an episiotomy (which is a big deal and cuts through a bunch of muscle.) You’re not off the hook if you’ve had a C-section. We can address the effect of that scar internally, and resolve trauma to the pelvic diaphragm from the force of having the baby pulled out.
- If you’re susceptible to UTIs. Sometimes adhesions or compression can form around the urethra, leading to urinary tract infections. It’s wise to gently break those up before you add an extra 20-50lbs on top of your bladder for the next 9 months.